Friday, May 09, 2008

From My Friend, Susan N.

Thanks, Susan!
************************
I am wishing you peace and light.
I am wishing you a crabapple tree in full bloom.
I am wishing you a blue sky and a hammock.
I am wishing you children who make you laugh.
I am wishing you a husband's warm arm around your shoulder.
I am wishing you a new friend every day.
I am wishing you an extraordinary experience with the mundane.
I am wishing you a prize in your cereal box.
I am wishing you ruby nail polish.
I am wishing you six baby marigolds.
I am wishing you a cat to rub up against your legs.
I am wishing you a good book and a cup of something warm and delicious.
I am wishing you an hour of quiet by a stream.
I am wishing you a walk up a hill, so long it makes your legs ache.
I am wishing you walk into an antique store and find something you forgot existed.
I am wishing you a small-time circus, the kind where you really worry about the acrobats.
I am wishing your cheek is brushed in passing today by God.
I am wishing you will buy yourself that ridiculously expensive chocolate nutrition bar.
I am wishing you something paisley and silky.
I am wishing a catepillar crawls up your arm.
I am wishing a friend's cat has kittens and you get to hold them.
I am wishing a tricycle in the rain makes you smile.
I am wishing a huge double rainbow appears out of nowhere and takes your breath away.
I am wishing you open a book of poems in a bookstore and find this one.
I am wishing you deep sleep full of restorative dreams.
I am wishing you plan a vacation.
I am wishing you find a penny, heads up.
I am wishing you get out your paintbox and invest in bright colors.
I am wishing someone writes a song about you and sings it alone at night.
I am wishing fond spirits watch over you.
I am wishing irises and peonies bloom at your feet.
I am wishing you go fishing and catch something.
I am wishing you are wishing.
I am wishing you the sound of a faraway train whistle.
I am wishing you the roar of the ocean.
I am wishing frisbees and butterflies.
I am wishing I could make the thing you need and mail it to you; a garment of bright love.
Instead, I send these wishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment