Practice using these Guidelines everywhere – at home, with family, at work.
And remember to enjoy yourself!
COMMITMENT – MAKING MY SPIRITUAL GROWTH (CREATING AUTHENTIC POWER) MY HIGHEST PRIORITY
- Focus on what I can learn about myself all the time, especially from my reactions (such as anger, fear, jealousy, resentment, and impatience) instead of judging or blaming others or myself.
- Notice my emotions (by feeling the physical sensations in my energy centers).
- Notice my thoughts (such as planning my reply, judging, analyzing, comparing, day-dreaming, etc.)
- Notice my intention (such as blaming, judging, needing to be right, wanting admiration, escaping into thoughts (intellectualizing), trying to convince, etc.)
COURAGE – STRETCHING MYSELF BEYOND THE LIMITED PERSPECTIVES OF THE FRIGHTENED PARTS OF MY PERSONALITY.
- Take responsibility for my feelings, experiences, and actions (no blaming).
- Practice integrity at all times (often requires action, such as speaking when frightened parts of my personality don’t want to speak and not speaking when they feel compelled to speak).
- Say or do what is most difficult (sharing what I notice, if appropriate, when someone speaks or acts from a frightened part of her personality; sharing about myself what I am frightened to say and know that I need to say.)
COMPASSION – SEEING MYSELF AND OTHERS AS SOULS WHO SOMETIMES HAVE FRIGHTENED PARTS OF THEIR PERSONALITIES ACTIVE.
- Change my perspective from fearful to loving (choose to see myself and others in a loving or appreciative way).
- Release any distance I feel from anyone.
- Be present while others are speaking (not preparing replies, judging, etc.)
COMMUNICATION AND ACTION – STRIVING TO MAKE ALL MY INTERACTIONS CONSCIOUS AND LOVING.
- Consult my intuition.
- Choose my intention before I speak or act.
- Act from the healthiest part of my personality that I can find (rather than caretaking, fixing, teaching, judging, blaming, gossiping, etc.)
- Speak personally and specifically rather than generally and abstractly (use “I” statements rather than “we” or “you” statements).
- Release attachment to the outcome (trust the Universe). If I find myself attached, begin again with Commitment, Courage, Compassion.
(541) 482 1515 * Toll Free (877) 733 4279 * Fax (541) 482 9417 * email@example.com
www.seatofthesoul.com * PO Box 3310, Ashland OR 97520 USA