Thursday, May 07, 2009

Spiritual Partnership Guidelines - Zukav/Francis

Practice using these Guidelines everywhere – at home, with family, at work.
And remember to enjoy yourself!

COMMITMENT – MAKING MY SPIRITUAL GROWTH (CREATING AUTHENTIC POWER) MY HIGHEST PRIORITY

  • Focus on what I can learn about myself all the time, especially from my reactions (such as anger, fear, jealousy, resentment, and impatience) instead of judging or blaming others or myself.
  • Notice my emotions (by feeling the physical sensations in my energy centers).
  • Notice my thoughts (such as planning my reply, judging, analyzing, comparing, day-dreaming, etc.)
  • Notice my intention (such as blaming, judging, needing to be right, wanting admiration, escaping into thoughts (intellectualizing), trying to convince, etc.)

COURAGE – STRETCHING MYSELF BEYOND THE LIMITED PERSPECTIVES OF THE FRIGHTENED PARTS OF MY PERSONALITY.

  • Take responsibility for my feelings, experiences, and actions (no blaming).
  • Practice integrity at all times (often requires action, such as speaking when frightened parts of my personality don’t want to speak and not speaking when they feel compelled to speak).
  • Say or do what is most difficult (sharing what I notice, if appropriate, when someone speaks or acts from a frightened part of her personality; sharing about myself what I am frightened to say and know that I need to say.)

COMPASSION – SEEING MYSELF AND OTHERS AS SOULS WHO SOMETIMES HAVE FRIGHTENED PARTS OF THEIR PERSONALITIES ACTIVE.

  • Change my perspective from fearful to loving (choose to see myself and others in a loving or appreciative way).
  • Release any distance I feel from anyone.
  • Be present while others are speaking (not preparing replies, judging, etc.)

COMMUNICATION AND ACTION STRIVING TO MAKE ALL MY INTERACTIONS CONSCIOUS AND LOVING.

  • Consult my intuition.
  • Choose my intention before I speak or act.
  • Act from the healthiest part of my personality that I can find (rather than caretaking, fixing, teaching, judging, blaming, gossiping, etc.)
  • Speak personally and specifically rather than generally and abstractly (use “I” statements rather than “we” or “you” statements).
  • Release attachment to the outcome (trust the Universe). If I find myself attached, begin again with Commitment, Courage, Compassion.

No comments:

Post a Comment