Saturday, November 14, 2009

Grace


...an affirmation from the Unity Church...

I am supported by the unconditional love of God.

Mistakes are a natural part of learning--just as falling down is a natural part of learning to walk. But when I make a serious mistake, I may find it hard to forgive myself for what I have said or done.

I cannot make amends if I remain stuck in a cycle of self-blame or criticism. Instead, I remember that God loves me unconditionally. I take responsibility for my actions, and with God's grace, I do my best to resolve the situation. This may require a heartfelt apology, a change in my behavior or another step. I trust God to guide me to the best response.

As I open to the grace of God, I am able to forgive myself and accept God's unconditional love.
Now I commend you to God and to the message of his grace, a message that is able to build you up.--Acts 20:32

1 comment:

  1. Go for it! With each teeny tiny baby step in this direction you realize God's love and it's amazing. And yet, I think it takes YEARS of experience to comprehend the power and awesomeness and simpleness of His love. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete