Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Book Recommendation: The Soul of Money - Lynne Twist


I am reading an amazing book called The Soul of Money by Lynne Twist.  This morning it is this quote that resonates with me the most:

We each have the choice in any setting to step back and let go of the mind-set of scarcity.  Once we let go of scarcity, we discover the surprising truth of sufficiency.  By sufficiency, I don't mean a quantity of anything.  Sufficiency isn't two steps up from poverty or one step short of abundance.  It isn't a measure of barely enough or more than enough.  Sufficiency isn't an amount at all.  It is an experience, a context we generate, a declaration, a knowing that there is enough, and that we are enough."

I think of what I wrote last week...the part about one of my limiting beliefs about myself that I'm paying attention to: Who I am is not enough. I love that just a few days later, I found this book.  Sufficiency, indeed! ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this offering. I'm reminded that a healer/teacher of mine once said that before she begins any self-healing process, she facilitates a state of conscious abundance in the client. I am enough. You are enough. (((BIGHUG)))

    ReplyDelete